Welcome to your first APCO Annual Conference & Expo! We are excited to have you join us in Orlando. This is a great opportunity for you to enhance both your personal and professional growth as a member of the public safety communications industry.
Our goal is to ensure your experience at the conference is one that is memorable and contributes to your success. To give you a good start with knowing what to expect, we have listed some helpful information below.
New Attendee Orientation
Sunday, August 14, 2016 | 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Grand Ballroom AB, 1st Floor
Ticket required for entry Be sure to select “new attendee” when you register. When picking up your badge onsite, make sure you received the new attendee orientation ticket. You will not be allowed into the orientation without a ticket and we would hate for you to miss it!
Orientation is a great way for you to learn more about what to expect at your first APCO conference. Come network with fellow new attendees – you might have a chance to win one of the several door prizes! Invitations will be sent via email in July.
New Attendee Ribbon
These ribbons attach to your badge and are a way of identifying you as a new attendee. Make sure to pick one up at the orientation or at the ribbon wall in the registration area.
Check Your List Twice
Below is a helpful check list to make sure you come prepared for a successful conference experience.
Before the conference:
- Come with a list of questions you would like to find answers for.
- Determine which sessions you would like to attend and which speakers or exhibitors you would like to meet.
- Add your sessions to your schedule.
- Use the mobile app (available in July) to find other attendees.
- Print your express registration email that includes the barcode to scan to ensure a quick badge pickup.
During the conference:
- Write down at least one key takeaway from each session.
- Actively participate in sessions and conversations.
- Make sure to take notes in a shareable format such as Google docs.
After the conference:
- Come back to work with answers to all your questions and create a list of actionable next steps for your team or agency.
- Purchase session recordings in advance or onsite to share in detail with co-workers what you learned.
- Or, put together your own presentation to share what you learned with your team or agency.